Saturday, July 12, 2008

Mullets and Tractor Pulls

So, today I renew my nationalism by going to the Johnson County Parade.
If you have never been I recommend the tractor pull or demolition
derby. Mullets and 4-H are everywhere. But, these kids are all business
or al least the parents who make their shit are! I know what a 5 year
old can make and double stitch is beyond their tinny little brains.
Seriously though, if you like meat on a stick or for that matter
anything on a stick it is the start of the fair season for Indy!!! Here
is the web site Johnson County Fair And here is a little piece of a video from the Johnson County Fair Parade.

3 comments:

troy myers said...

this is gorgeous...at once epic and small-scale, this meditation on the ability of americans, with plow and tractor in tow, to constantly find a way to keep moving forward. the obvious self gratification and the pageantry only act as a facade to a greater thesis on the state of the human heart. this parade openly flaunts the greater accomplishments of amercana and pats itself on the back for doing so. a steady stream of progressive movement, much like the works of joe wisner, finds in its repetitive movements and minimal change the structuralist images of a routine which points at what it is to struggle against the steady paces of nature, which in essence is what it means to be human.

Zach Proctor said...

I have taken bacon flipped it and reversed it to my own life.

Shane M. White said...

Fair season.
I'm jealous that you have that Johnson County Fair thing, to hold you over until the Indiana State Fair. Deep-Fried food is my weakness!

I hope we can find time (like a Sunday) to go to the Fair together. I know I've been inviting you to A LOT of crap recently, hopefully you're not getting too much Shane (which really, that's NOT possible!).