Thursday, July 10, 2008

A little about what I do.

I often find my self in conversations with my friends talking about work and then realize that they have little understanding. I work with dimming technology like when you go to a show you will see lights going this way and that, I sometimes program those effects, install the the dimming racks, or just show up make sure everting works and train the end user. I also program LEDS. Now, some of these just stay on one color of have complex timed shows. Here is a video...

2 comments:

Shane M. White said...

Just to make sure I'm seeing this correct: You've programmed LEDs to appear like fire? That what I saw, and I thought it looked pretty wicked awesome.

Was this just something random you did? Or did someone actually order an LED fireplace?

Zach Proctor said...

I controlled the addressing of the LED fixtures behind the glass and applied the effect and dialed in the attributes for the fire effect. There are 2 columns in this space they were too far to get into frame, I was demoing this to the end user and they loved the effect. I think they use it for their Wed. teen service, it's a church.